The Appel property was originated in 1765 by original owners Hendrick (Henry) Appel and his wife, Eve. Originally built as a tavern, the Appel's hosted the first official Guilderland town meeting held on April 5, 1803. Preservation of the property's historical integrity has been upheld throughout the exchange of ownership over many centuries.
In 1981, Laurie & Gerhard Beckmann purchased the Appel property, opening doors to visitors as an Air B&B and Antique store. The first wedding was held in the Inn itself in November of 1983.
The Gathering Space was later constructed in 1995 to expand offerings for celebrations and fulfill Laurie's envision of Country Elegance.